Monday, October 8, 2007

Memories

Last week at group we were given a handout to bring back to the next group. the hand out is about memories

The thing I miss the most is......her smile, talking to her and her voice
My happiest Memory is..... can't think of one
My saddest memory is.... when I had to stop the feeding tube, when she fell off the bed during my watch, when she soiled herself and I actually saw how thin she really was
The thing I don't miss is.....her suffering
The most Irritating memory is....Jerry
My sweetest memory is.....when she told me that Jerry didn't deserve the farm.
My last memory is....of her last 6 days of dying
My funniest memory is.....when we were all in her room and the lady next store asked us to be quiet, mom was prim and proper and apologized but when the lady left, she stuck her tounge out at her
My most comforting memory is.....when mom hugged me the day I had to put captain to sleep
What she meant to me............she meant the world to me, she was my mother, father and best friend

I'll let you know how group went later tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, do you have any memories of your life prior the last few months of your'e mothers? It would be intersting to see how you would fill this out if you looked at your hole life. or was the assignment to look at your memories only as they are to your loved one that passed away.

Dawn said...

We were just intructed to put what were our memories were. Mine were all of her last days. Some others where the same, it's just where you are on the day you write it.